And God spoke from the heavens, and said to marketers, “Hold up – where’s your quick, illustrative video telling your non-profit organization’s story?”
We recently attended Amuta21c, a conference in support of the non-profit community, where our own Jay Bailey gave a colorful workshop on creating marketing videos for non-profits.
Not to call ourselves marketing gods or anything (or are we?) we present the ten commandments for creating a marketing video for your non-profit – or even for-profit – organization.
Here’s a quick run down (but make sure to click for the full version):
- Define your audience and avoid the “Viral Video” trap.
- This is core marketing budget stuff, not a cute add-on.
- Embrace the chance to hear from an outsider.
- Define the “Theater.”
- Figure out who has a vote…and get it.
- Tell a story.
- Throw curve balls.
- You’ve got too much to say.
- Make ‘em jump.
- Keep it short!
And, as always, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about creating a rapid-fire video for your company, product or organization.